Adorjan Andras - Black is OK Forever
Andras Adorjan is a Hungarian chess grandmaster who was born on March 31, 1950. He achieved the title of Grandmaster in 1973 and was one of the leading chess players in the world during the 1970s and 1980s. Adorjan is known for his aggressive and unorthodox style of play and has made contributions to chess theory with his ideas on the King's Indian Defense and the Sicilian Defense. He has written several books on chess, including "Black is OK!" and "Dynamic Chess Strategy". Adorjan retired from professional chess in the 1990s, but remains active in the chess world as a writer and commentator.
About the book
Based on the best-selling Black is OK!, this third volume in the series builds on the cult classic's success. Continuing Adorjan's crusade, which began in the revolutionary 1960s, it encourages players not only to win more games with Black but also to enjoy themselves in the process. He offers concrete opening variations and illustrative games designed to achieve this, alongside a philosophy for generating a positive state of mind when entering a battle.
In this book author says..
A Strange Question: Is BLACK OK? -
" My answer to this question was 'YES!' already back in 1985, and the answer was not based on my sentiments. I said 'yes' on the basis of the analytical evidence already at my disposal. There is no objective reason to fear anything with the black pieces in chess. There cannot be too many reasons why you would be amiss to miss my theoretical articles under the title 'BLACK IS OK!', published in 59 (!) different periodicals world-wide. My three earlier Batsford books (Winning with the Gray, 1986; BLACK is OK!, 1988; and BLACK is Still OK!, published quite recently, in July 2004) were all dedicated to this hypothesis. Strangely enough, it turned out only when I was working on the latter book that I knew I had a positive score with BLACK all the way through from 1966( !) (when I made it to the Hungarian Championship Final for the first time at the age of 16) to the year 2000 (I haven't played any competitive games since then). I wasn't aware of this fact for decades! In BLACK IS STILL OK!, I discussed how instinctive search is a real mission.('The Way It All Started', published in BLA CK, IS STILL OK! 2004, Batsford) I could boast that by now I have all the great secrets and all the evidence. And it's true! Also, it's not! It's not true because the secret' could be seen by everyone, the same way that everybody can see
On the board, the same go game. The two players, the spectators, the commentators, and even the rea ders who play the rough the game after JWards all see the same thing, but NOT IN THE SAME WAY!As most of the events take place only in the players' minds, the point remains hidden from many people. I am sure all of you have 'suffered' quite a few commercials on TV, on the Internet, and on posters everywhere. Most of them promise that we can learn Turkish overnight if we pay a certa in amount. We can also lose weight without any deliberate or specific effort. They tell us that all intelligent people use either washing powder, deodorant, or condoms. And just before we get utterly depressed because we don't, we are told that, although this is really the very last moment, there is still hope! All we have to do is dial the following 28-digit number! Let's not be fools! Let's not hesitate! Everything can be all right still! Perhaps some of us have even been seduced a couple of times. And perhaps we blamed ourselves if we failed, and started it again 'easily, effortlessly, and failing. Of course, these slogans are stupid, and the high-sounding promises make use of human credulity. After all, God Himself rested on the seventh day. He got tired! "
Publisher : Batsford; Text is Free of Markings edition (April 1, 2005)
Language : English
Paperback : 192 pages
ISBN-10 : 0713489421
ISBN-13 : 978-0713489422
Download Link 01
Download Link 02
Torrent File Download

0 Comments